‘Balance in Challenging Times’
Sunday 18th December 2016
At The Rojana Center, Asoke
This December we are again honoured with the presence of Ajahn Pasanno, abbot of Wat Abhayagiri in California.
- 6:00 gather at the spacious Rojana Center
- 6:25 dharma talk
- 7:25 questions
- 8:00 finish & photo op
There is no charge for this event, and no need to book in advance. There is plenty of space.
Ajahn Pasanno is the most senior Western disciple of Ajahn Chah, other than the now-retired Ajahn Sumedho. He was formerly the abbot of Wat Pah Nanachat International Forest Monastery in the North-East of Thailand for many years before moving to California to head the new temple there. Hailing from Canada, he has a warm and engaging presence, and a wealth of wisdom from his nearly 40+ years as a Buddhist Monk. He was instrumental in setting up the Western order of Buddhist monks, including the Siladhara line of ordination for women.
This is a rare chance to be with Ajahn Pasanno in the English language in Bangkok.
Please follow the map. It is VERY precise. It is easy to find: there are only one or two turns depending on which direction you are coming from.
Go down Sukhumvit 23 to the first four way intersection. Turn right, and then turn right again at the end of the road.
Or just ask the motorcycles inside Sukhumvit 23 – they know the way.
A few tips:
- Follow the map rather than ask locals – plenty of landmarks are shown along the way.
- Taxi drivers will likely NOT know the centre – get them to take you to Sukhumvit 23, and then find your own way.
- Motorcycles inside Sukhumvit 23 should know the way – In Thai the centre is known as Rojana tam
- Quite a few other foreigners will be heading there at the same time.
Here are the GPS coordinates if you prefer : 13.739356, 100.564748