There will be a Dhamma Talk and Meditation Class in English on Sunday, January 5, 2020, from 2pm – 5pm at the Headquarters of the World Fellowship of Buddhists (WFB), 2nd floor, No. 616 Benjasiri Park, Sukhumvit 24 off Medhinivet. The talk will be given by guest speaker, Mr. Robin Moore, formerly Suriyo Bhikkhu (1990-2007), associated with Wat Pah Nanachat, Ubon Ratchathani. He was also the Abbot of Hartridge Buddhist Monastery, Devon, UK (2003-2006). The topic of the talk will be “Buddhism and Education.” Attendance is free of charge.
Program Schedule :
- 1.00 pm Coffee & Tea Break/ Registration
- 2.00 pm Introduction of the Meditation Teacher
- 2.10 pm Chanting followed by participants
- 2.15 pm Dhamma Talk with Sitting and Walking Meditation
- 4.00 pm Questions and Answers
- 5.00 pm Presenting Gifts to Meditation Teacher/ Session Closed
About Robin Moore
Robin was a monk in the Thai Forest tradition of Luang Por Chah for 18 years, living in both Thailand and the UK. The latter included four years (2003 to 2007) as abbot of Hartridge Monastery in Devon, UK. He is a translator from Thai into English, and his work includes Bhikkhu Payutto’s Buddhadhamma. He lives in Bangkok.
This is not an event organized by Little Bangkok Sangha. For inquiries, please contact the organizer at 02-661-1284-7 and email@example.com