Evaluation Form Results
YBAT International Meditation Retreat
with Pandit Bhikku
January 7-9 , 2011
Some photos from this retreat are here
male : 12
female : 17
Answered evaluation : 28
1. How did you find about the retreat ?
– Friends/Spouse 6
– Internet 13
– Others 9
( Little bang meetings , From center , Travel , www.littlebang.org , 2 subscribed e-newsletter from wandering-dhamma )
2. Duration of the retreat ?
– appropriate 11
– should be adjusted 1 days
– should be adjusted 5 days
– should be adjusted 7 days
3. In general, the Dhamma talks were
– excellent 7
– very good 8
– good 11
– satisfactory 2
– It would have been nice to hear the Sri Lanka monk give a talk also.
– I also would like to have more Dhamma talk.
– It’s a little bit long for one time
– Made a new meditation experience
– I can’t hear very well Because I don’t know English very well
– Dhamma talk was good and I learn a lot from Dhamma talk .
– May be just a little more on the 1 st day about why we bow
– Always good to hear of different med. techniques. Excellent range of Dhammma depth,
– The examples given during the talk are great because they are related to practitioners’ daily realities so Dhamma becomes much closer to life
– very good
– really practiced and useful some real gems of insight
– need to be more focused sometimes , and to reduce tangential digressions
– could also have been useful to exposed on the foundation of mindfulness.
4. please check your opinion on the following questionnaires
|4.1) Meditation Hall||24||4||0||0|
|4.3) General Services||24||3||0||0|
5. Any suggestions or recommendations about the service.
- Could not be more perfect
– clock chime should always be turned off , air-condition too cold often times
- Emergency of toilet cleaning up in upper room 5 should be increased
- Recommend more frequent check up on wash room become messy after people’ s use
- Labels should be provided on food Items more International cuisine
- Encourage people to refill one bottle of water instead of opening new one all the time
- Keep some white clothes for hire or sale
- There should provide more convenience locker for variable items
- More signs in English
“Please keep the plastic wrap on the fruit plate to avoid flies”
“Please keep the doors closed firmly to keep the mosquito out”
- In room please die ant
- Should have more time for self practices
- Provide some bread & fruit ( without sugar )
- Have chilli available all meals
- Cornflake , toast , porridge
- Need to change food service
- Wake up at 04.45 in order to shower ( for time to ) , have a drink before starting meditation
- You might wish to consider using soap shampoo dispenses in the bathroom rather than providing soap & shampoo.
- No need to provide small bottles of water, just ask people to refill their water bottle.This would help the environment.
6. What did you like about the retreat?
- The duration works well for those of us who work
- Building , garden , a field way
- I can mind control myself
- The duration 3 days
- Teacher were excellent, arrangement were excellent
- Personal time , personal space ,quiet,peace
- The meditation and talks together
- I don’t know sorry , I can mind control
- I don’t understand
- Follow step by step not to strictly.
- peaceful place like home and I’m very impressive with the staff
- The practice , the guidance , inspiration from the talk also , the experience from the meditation
- Mix between Thai and foreigners,facilities
- I like meditation very peaceful and happy
- Retreat was flexible but at the same time helpful and informative
- Perfect weekend duration for working folks
- Dhamma talks med/vipas instruction perfect hall , clean , great location
- Appropriate length of time (possible to take leave from work),excellent teaching & service
- Remind me of meditation I had done 50 years ago.
- The location and the ability for me to reconnect with dhamma/practice.
7. Would you recommend anyone to come to this retreat?
– Yes , Because…………….……
- serious , pure Buddhism
- Many people have to grow patient
- It’s refreshing , not talking to any body
- To get wisdom
- It is very effective
- Positive,spiritual experience
- This retreat is suitable for beginner
- Good retreat
- enjoy this retreat
- Good to experience
- It is very nice to come for meditation
- It provides dhamma talk and methods to improve my meditation
- Good foundation
- Very beneficial/insightfull since short suitable for anyone
- If will help then with their suffering
- Wonderful introduction to vipassana
- It helps answer some of the question I have & show me the rightful path.
-No , Because…………….……
1. Program is very simple maybe needs more some special program
2. I don’t like meditation
8. Would you come back to the retreat again in the future?
– Yes, Because …………….
- positive experience
- Meditation is hard and exhausting
- I feel comfortable here
- If the schedule is right for me
- Want to learn more and get more wisdom
- It was very useful
- We can get something
- I feel comfortable
- I would like to improve myself
- Convenient weekend period
- Positive spiritual experience
– No, Because …………….
1. I can not change meditation methods of the past.
9. What changes would you like to see in the future retreat such as this?
- It would be nice to hear the other meditator’s experience while the retreat is being held it would be nice to have a certain time to solve experience
- More varied talks, more quotations in Pali
- Use outdoor amphitheater when weather permits
- More walking meditation sessions and longer days for retreat
- Provide longer break for meals, shower
- Have a session that allows practitioners to get to know each other
before the beginning of the noble silence.
- More dhamma talks & less meditation.
- No need to give toothpaste and soap on arrival as people bring their own,it would save money
for the center.
- Less sitting
- Please always ensures noble silence is observed.
10. General comments
- For westerners strict reminders can be harsh , but this retreat felt a little more relaxed, thank you. It is always beneficial to have dhamma in English
- Super retreat in all aspects. Personally would like to see a little bit longer one in addition to the short one
- The ants is in bedroom so I can’t sleep
- The whole retreat was very good,thank you for making my life better.
- I found that walking meditation form method too difficult & optional walking in line as learnt in the past should be offered.
- Overall very worthwhile.grateful that Ybat offers a retreat in English, a very positive experience.
The only thing I found difficult was concentrating ,when the young Koreas were chatting.
Maybe next time Ybat could enforce the vow of silence for all.
- Would be great to introduce some form of Yoga in the morning to help people coping with pain.
-Provide chanting book in Thai for Thai practitioners.
-allow practitioners to read Dhamma books & discuss Dhamma topics at certain hours of the days.
9. Car pool is a great service & a great way to make merit & be charitable.
10. I found the whole experience very beneficial to my spiritual growth.
11. more walking meditation sessions and longer days for retreat.
12. The staff were very friendly and caring. I enjoy myself a lot & well cherish this moment.
ผู้สรุปแบบประเมินผล : ณัฏฐ์ลดา โพธิญาณ์
ผู้ตรวจ : คุณปาร์ณัสม์ ตรีสุคนธวงศ์