Thanks Rex, for this…
THE RULES for DEPRESSION
1. Try to be PERFECT.
2. Be very critical of any mistakes or failures you might make.
3. Do what you SHOULD do, even if it is not what you want to do.
4. Always do what you are supposed to be doing.
5. Make other persons happy at any cost to yourself.
6. Work hard at pleasing your most severe critic.
7. Know that if you don’t please, the other will reject or leave you.
8. Never make a mistake.
9. Live alone and have few friends.
10. Keep your failures, mistakes, errors and faults to yourself. Never let anyone know of them, because you never want anyone to know how bad you really are. Keep your secrets personal.
11. FEAR the future, because you know it will turn out bad.
12. WORRY about how bad it will be.
13. With such an awful future, try to be in control as much as possible. Knowing you are not is self control, seek to control others and events.
14. Knowing how you really are inside — your secret self — never listen to or accept praise or compliments. They will just make you big-headed and egotistical.
15. Recognize the true importance of a negative interpretation and be certain to always emphasize the negative, and generalize it to yourself whenever possible.
16. Avoid any awareness of how your negativeness affects others. You have an important role to fulfill for them, and they need your realistic balance.