HomeAll PostsTalks Series 2009


Talks Series 2009 — 10 Comments

  1. Good Day Phra Cittasamvaro,

    I apologize for intruding this way. I looked around this excellent site and could not find a direct email for you. Could you send me your email address? I have questions for you that I would rather not ask on a public forum.

    Thank You

    with metta


  2. Pundit Pandit,

    I missed the first two tawks. Bad boy. I will be there tonite (Aug 20 2552). Good boy.

    sleep smiling,


    • john108th@gmail.com

      Dear Ajahn ,
      I have two questions.

      But first let present myself ;I am a 47 y.o. swiss citizen; I have been living in Thailand for 16 years; I speak thai fluently, I can read thai language quite well and can write it ..hmm.. ..not so good…
      12 years ago I did ordain as a monk for two years in Nong khai province.
      Now I plan to ordain again , this time for life, but in central Thailand.
      My questions:
      -Do you know any forest temple in Central Thailand with a good Ajahn ; the lineage of Luang Poo Man,
      Luang Poo Thet would suits me fine.
      – What did change about the visa things for monks since the last 10 years? Thanks Ajahn

      • Glad you are getting back to robes. I can’t help you on finding a temple as I am not familiar with Ajahn Mun temples, nor do I get out very much. If I am not working I stay in my room. Presumably you are going for the forest Kamatthana style rather than a more academic approach (I like both). I personally like Doi Suthep as it is cooler and you are left alone more to do your own thing.

        The visa situation has not changed. There is a thread about it on E-sangha. Basically get the forms from the NBO (national buddhism office or Samnak Phut Heng Chart) . You have to fill it all in including your education qualifications etc… and get signed by the head monk of your temple/district/province. Do 3 months in advance. They’ll issue you a letter (takes up to a month) and you take that to Immigration. So long as you have started with a non-O (or non-R or non-ed also possible) they will extend for one year. You get 10 years in Thailand and then they stop your visa and you have to leave or get a PR. You can apply at immigration up to 30 days before your 90 day non-O expires.

        The only thing that may have changed is that the NBO office is now under the Prime Minister, and based at Phuttamonthon rather than under the Ministry of Education near Wat Boworn.

        I attached the old version of the NBO form – you can still use it even though there is a newer version. The Immigration form is same as usual – you’ll need a letter from your abbot saying you are under the care of the temple for both NBO and Immigration. Surprisingly you can use a printed out copy of the immigration form as I attached. Good luck. When you are in Bkk let me know and I’ll be glad to meet up with you. Or say hello if you come to one of our ‘littlebang’ events.

        Oh, if you don’t have a non-O get a letter from the abbot who will ordain you explaining your intention and go to an embassy in another country. They’ll issue you with a 90 day non-O that you have to extend to one year as I outlined already.

    • Sorry Ajahn , I did not receive the forms that you attached,
      could you please send it to me to my email address,


  3. Dear Pgra Pandit

    thanks so much for referring my mail to Markus yesterday…
    he hopes to get the centre info from the USA nun on 5th Sep…

    interesting blog about the bowing pilgrimage – did you see that?!?! Anazing
    Patience Parami to the fore!!!


    Day 6, Wat Kow Tham Retreat Team…