World Buddhist University announces its monthly Buddhist meditation forum for December 2008 as follows:
WBU SUNDAY FORUM
In a Special time of 10th Anniversary of WBU Establishment.
Topic : Buddhism and Global Warming
Date & Time : December 7, 2551(2008) 12:00 – 14:00 P.M.
Speaker : Dr. Art-ong Jumsai Na Ayudhya
The World Buddhist University would like to inform you that Sunday 7 December 2551(2008), Special lecture on the topic “Buddhism and Global Warming” will be held at the Sanya Dharmasakti Auditorium 2 nd floor, World Fellowship of Buddhists Headquarter building in Benjasiri Park, Sukumvit 24 (move from 3 rd floor to 2 nd floor to convenience for all audiences) Time : 12:00-14:00 P.M..
The speaker is Dr. Art-ong Jumsai Na Ayudhya who is Scientist, Buddhist Scholar and Expert in National Research Council on rockets for use in the Artificial Rain Making, participated in NASA’s Viking Space Project in Design of the automatic landing device and had got Awards of Top Scientist of the year 1984 (Best invention that benefited the country) etc.
You are all welcome to join the programme. Free of charge for everybody.
Some bio data on the speaker:
Name : Art-ong Jumsai Na Ayudhya
- B.A. (Hons), M.A. in Mechanical Sciences, Cambridge University, U.K.
- Ph.D. in communications, Imperial College of Science and Technology, London
- University, U.K.
- Ph.D. in Education, Faculty of Education, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok.
- Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Engineering, Chulalongkorn University
- Deputy Dean of Students Affairs
- Director of the Institute of Scientific and Technological Research of Thailand
- Member of Parliament (Elected three times)
- Deputy Chairman of the House Committee on Science, Technology and
- Executive Director, Asia Pacific Parliamentary Union
- Secretary to the Foreign Minister
- Chief Administrator of Sathya Sai School
- Director of the Institute of Sathya Sai Education
- Visiting Professor on Hunan Values Education at many Univerities.
- Give seminars and training for teachers in many countries around the world.
- Participated in NASA’s Viking Space Project in the design of the automatic
- Landing device
- Expert in National Research Council on rockets for use in the Artificial Rain
- Making Project.
- Top Scientist of the year 1984 (Best invention that benefited the country)
- 1991 Handbook for Teacers in Education in Human Values
- 1997 The Five Human Values and Human Excellence
- 1997 Integration of Human Values in Mathematics and Sciences