Every Thursday evening
at the warm and wonderful
Ariyasom Villa, Sukhumvit Soi 1
Meditation is open to all – and priceless! We don’t charge for meditation. And you don’t even need Yoga pants!
You are welcome to join whatever meditation tradition you are from. The blessing is to come together to practise meditation together with other yogis. You are welcome to follow any kind of meditation you are accustomed to, so long as it is stationary and quiet !
There are three big advantages in coming together for meditation:
- The act of getting yourself out and making the effort to come across town, makes the meditation something that is important to you
- Your own presence encourages others to keep up the practise
- Joining with like-minded people – Kaynanamitta in the Pali – is a strong motivator
- 6:30 pm meet in the Library at Ariaysom Villa for coffee and chat.
- 6:50 Go up to the meditation room
- 6:55 Brief introduction and a few basic instructions for those who need it. Followed by 35 minutes silent meditation, and 5 minutes metta (loving kindness) meditation.
- 7:45 Wrap up – we will always finish before 8:00 pm
This is a beautiful oasis in the middle of Bangkok – a boutique hotel of 24 rooms. Meet in the Library, and we will head up to the meditation room after refreshments.
If you feel you have earned enough Karma credits by joining the meditation, Ariyasom hosts one of the genuinely best vegetarian restaurants in Bangkok.
It is easy to find – go to Ploen Chit BTS station, and then walk to the end of Sukhumvit Soi 1 – takes about 8 minutes walking, or take a motorbike.