following is the best information I can put together on this conference.Things often change though …
International Seminar on Life Management with Meditation : Experience and Success
The World Buddhist University (WBU), The World Fellowship of Buddhists (WFB)
and the Pipphalivanaram Mindfulness Center (PMC)
Saturday August 10
Sunday August 11
Monday August 12
update – about 130 people are booked in so far, coming from Malaysia, Singapore, Nepal, and Mahaculalongkorn University in Thailand. When I get information on how to register or any costs involved it will be posted up on this blog
How does meditation support your life management? This question has been regularly raised at seminars on meditation techniques in Thailand and Malaysia. The answers will be given by International faces who have incorporated meditation in their lives with good results.
Using meditation in real life experiences requires both peacefulness, and wisdom. The guest speakers will answer according to their individual experiences how they have incorporated the teachings in managing Dukkha (suffering), through meditation, making room for happiness.
To share experiences on the Dhamma practice is meritorious in the Buddhist tradition as it brings people together for the sake of dhamma and spiritual development. This particular time is also the auspicious occasion dedicated to Her Majesty the Queen of Thailand.
English language speakers from Thailand and ASEAN countries
Three days: 10-12 August 2013 (2556)
SANYA DHARMASAKIT AUDITORUIM the World Fellowship Buddhists and the
Pipphalivanaram Mindfulness Center, Rayong
If you would like to join this event(s) please reserve a spot with the WBU by mail to email@example.com or by phone 02-2580369, 02-2580370, 02-2580371
Saturday 10 August
- 08.30-09.00 Register
- 09.10 Pay respects to the Triple Gem and 5-Minute Meditation from the President of WFB.
- 09.25 Opening Ceremony and Welcome Speech by Prof. Noranit Setabutr, Acting Rector The World Buddhist University
- 09.30-10.30 Experience and Success of The Most Ven. Prof. Dr. Phra Brahmapundit (Prayoon Dhammacitto) Rector of Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University (MCU), and Member of the Elder Sangha Council, Thailand.
- 10.30-11.30 Experience and Success of Mr. Anurut Vongvanij, Advisor of WFBY, and President of The British Dispensary Group.
- 11.30-12.30 Lunch
- 12.30-13.30 Experience and Success of Ven. Sayadaw Agganna and Mr. Teoh Kian Koon from Malaysia
- 13.30-14.30 Neuro Linguistic Programming – Invoking Possibilities, Wholeness and Choice in
Life by Ms. Aileen Tong from Singapore
- 14.30-14.45 Coffee Break
- 14.45-15.45 Experiences of Phra Pandit Bhikkhu, organiser behind Bangkok’s Dhamma group Little Bangkok Sangha
- 15.45-16.00 Conclusion, Mr. Boonsri Kaewcamsri, Director, Institute of Training and Curriculum Development WBU
Sunday 11th August
- 08.30-09.00 Register
- 09.00-09.10 Pay respects to the Triple Gem and 5-Minute Meditation
- 09.10-10.00 Experience and Success of Chinese Bhiksuni Dr. Rujing Mao, China (Main Land)
- 10.00-11.00 Conclusion, Assist. Prof. Dr. Banjob Bannaruji, the Director of Spiritual Institute WBU
- 11.00-12.00 Lunch
- 12.00-14.00 Sharing Ideas by Participants (not more than 10 persons, five minutes each),
- 14.00-14.15 Coffee Break
- 14.15-15.15 Questions-Answers Between Speakers and Participants
- 15.15-15.30 Mantra Chanting, Taking Meditation and Transferring Merits to His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen of Thailand
- 15.30-16.00 Closing Ceremony, Dr Phallop Thaiarry, the Secretary-General of WFB
- 16.00 Depart for the Pipphalivanaram International Mindfulness Centre, Wat Pipphalivanaram, Rayong Province – home of Phra Ajahn Wimoak. Air-con tour buses will provide transport free of charge (please reserve a place in the transport).
- 17:30 Dinner at Wat Pipphalivanaram
- 20:00 Welcome speech by Phra Rajasidhinayok, Chief monk of Rayong Province
- 21:00 All participants join in flying candle lamp celebration
Monday 12th August
- 06.00 Mantra Chanting and Meditation
- 07.00 Breakfast
- 8:30-9:30 The Development of Mindful Awareness by Ven. Vimokkha, the Abbot of Pipphalivanarm Temple
- 09:30-10:30 Way of Mindfulness by Phra Dusadee Methangkuro, Senior Monk in the Buddhadasa Bhikkhu lineage
- 10:30-11:30 Experience and Success of Professor Rapee Sagarik, the well-known scholar in Thai Agriculture and the Father of Thai orchid. See his work at www.rapee.org
- 11.30-13.00 Lunch
- 13.00-15.30 Sharing experiences and Discussions (open floor for all participants)
- 15.30-16.00 Tea / Coffee Break
- 16.00 Closing Ceremony, and Departures
Delegates from outside of Thailand will be staying an extra night and engage in some sight seeing around Rayong Province. Anyonw who would like to join this is also welcome to stay an extra evening at the temple, with prior notice (can arrange it during the conference in Bangkok). There’s no charge for joining this or any other part of the conference, though donations to help cover the expenses are welcome.